Bohemia Interactive released an update for DayZ while announcing a roadmap for 2022 at the same time. Overall, the players are looking at new terrains, weapons, events and more.
DayZ updates will be getting a bunch of new updates in 2022 apparently as the developers announced more fixes, stability improvements, balancing and new content. In total, there should be five updates in 2022, both minor and major, with each update adding at least one firearm, most of which will be civilian weaponry.
A short overview of the plans in 2022 includes:
- Improving terrains, especially the DLC map Livonia
- Improvements to vehicle stability
- Better seasonal events
- Expanding DayZ lore
- More civilian firearms
- More frequent asset production
- Additional customisation options on controllers
Bohemia noted they will be looking at feedback from players and game partners in order to maintain the performance and stability at a desirable level. One of the goals here is to not beef up the game too much so the older generations of hardware can still keep up.
As for update 1.16, it includes a new weapon - Bizon SMG with a 64 round mag and alarm clock, a gadget that might be a double-edged sword.
It also fixed several issues the players had with the game, including:
- Health not taking damage from starvation if you keep drinking water
- Characters punching in weird directions without obstacles to speak of
- Wall destruction that was too easy
- Kits and tents are easier to place now
- Bear traps can break the legs of the infected
- Firearms with internal mags now have a random amount of bullets