Update 1.8 has officially arrived to all platforms after several weeks of testing. It brings a brand new location, new weapon Sporter 22 and a ton of other improvements and tweaks.
After several months of development and a couple of weeks of testing, DayZ update 1.8 is now officially live on all platforms - PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The long-awaited update brings a ton of new content including new locations on the map, one new weapon and other big improvements among other things.
Here is everything that Bohemia Interactive added to DayZ in the update 1.08:
- Sporter 22 and its attachments
- Frying Pan
- Direct cooking slots on the oven and indoor stove (allows to place both pots/pans or food directly)
- Cooking equipment kindling and fire fuel can now be used to create a fireplace at the indoor stove or fireplace
- Items can now be attached directly to the fireplace
- Interactive indoor stove
- SKVSCh Biatlon Arena location to Chernarus
- Saint Roman ski resort location to Chernarus
- New car wrecks on Chernarus, spawning vehicle parts
- Character sounds for running out of breath
- Storage containers (barrels, crates, chests,..) can now be destroyed by explosions, gunfire and melee damage
- Tents, watchtowers and fences can be destroyed by explosions, gunfire and melee damage
- Tents, watchtowers and fences can be repaired using tools and materials
- Ruined containers and tents will drop their contents onto the ground
- Canopy Tent along with colour variants
- Colour variants for the Medium Tent
- Colour variants of the Ballistic Helmet
- Server info in the In-Game menu (PC - can be switched off in the options menu)
- Ability to pull dead bodies out of vehicles
On top of this, there's a ton of bug fixes, improvements and changes to both maps and you can check all of these in the official patch notes here.