Capcom have renewed the trademark for their 2013's in-development title Deep Down on June 19, 2020. Rumours suggested that Souls-like title was cancelled but it looks like Capcom aren't giving up on the project just yet.
You may remember Deep Down as Capcom's major announcement at PlayStation 4 reveal way back in 2013. Back then, the developer and publisher revealed a ton of gameplay, screenshots and details about the game but here we are, seven years later, still waiting for this Souls-like title.
Capcom never officially said that the development of the game has been cancelled but various rumours suggested that the company indeed gave up a long time ago.
And while this could truly be the case, Capcom have definitely not forgotten about Deep Down. They renewed the trademark for the game just last week, on June 19, 2020.
Of course, this does not mean that Capcom are suddenly returning to Deep Down, and we would be surprised if this game ever sees the light of the day but at least it gives us hope that the Japanese devs may consider returning to it sometime in the near future.
It is worth mentioning that in November 2019, producer Yoshinori Ono said that despite its long absence, Deep Down "has not been completely given up on" which could suggest that Capcom are still looking to release the game, hence the trademark renewal.
Deep Down was supposed to be a free-to-play title for PlayStation 4.