Season 8: Mayhem is set to bring a number of changes to Apex Legends, but there was clearly no need of any radical nerfs or buffs in the guns department.
Respawn have obviously polished most weapons to the state where they're not overly dominant, although there were several tweaks to make room for 30-30 Repeater and so on.
For starters, the fully kitted weapons, i.e. the legendary weapons that can spawn in hot zones, will get their traditional seasonal rotation, and the aforementioned newcomer is going right in. The full rotation is as follows:
- IN: R-301, 30-30 Repeater, Mozambique, Longbow DMR, Spitfire
- OUT: Wingman, Sentinel, Havoc, G7, Alternator
As far as attachments go, Respawn made a single change by removing Gold from the loot pool. The Double Tap hop up will be removed, and instead, the Anvil Rounds are making their return.
When it comes to weapons, Spitfire seems to be the only pronounced change, and Apex Legends player will find it takes much longer to reload, but it hits slightly harder. The full list of changes is as follows:
- Bullet damage decreased from 16 to 15
- Bullet damage increased from 15 to 16
- Bullet damage increased from 18 to 19
- Reload speed increased from 2.8 seconds to 3.2
- Empty Reload speed increased from 3.33 seconds to 3.8
- Fire rate increased from 2.0 to 2.1