Riot Games enabled the 2FA option, so players can now make their accounts even more secure. If you want to keep your skins and other goodies safe, this is how you enable the 2FA on your Riot accounts!
Enabling 2FA for your Riot Games account couldn’t be easier. All it takes is a few clicks. Here is how you do it:
- Log into your Riot Games account
- Go to the two-factor authentication tab
- Click “Enable”
- You will be sent an email to the one associated with your account. Open it and click “Enable two-factor authentication”.
- Your 2FA is now set up and your Riot account is better protected.
Currently, there is just a single two-factor authentication method and that is via email. Popular authentication apps like Google Authenticator are not currently linked to Riot’s 2FA system, but developers are looking at adding these options in the future.
The added layer of protection, on the other hand, might be the difference between a hacker gaining access to your League of Legends , Valorant , or Legends of Runeterra account and keeping your skins and other things secure.
Anyone who has already enabled 2FA, or will do so in the future, will receive a handful of rewards across those titles.
- League of Legends: Taliyah ‘Very Cool’ emote
- Valorant: ‘Keep it Safer’ Gun Buddy
- Legends of Runeterra: Rare Prismatic Chest
- Teamfight Tactics : Little Legend Egg
If you want to protect your Riot account and get some extra goodies, you should enable 2FA as soon as possible.
You should secure your skins and other in-game stuff if you have a League of Legends, Valorant, or Legends of Runeterra account worth hundreds of dollars. That is why it is critical to enable 2FA on your Riot account.
You will be requested to input a code emailed to your email address each time you log in. If your password is compromised, your Riot account is not fully jeopardized if you have 2FA enabled.