Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 campaign is live now for those who pre-ordered the game and just like every year, players on PC report traditional crashing to desktop issues. Here's what you can do to fix them.
Those who pre-ordered Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 can play the early access Campaign right now, unless, something like annoying crashing is preventing them from enjoying Activision's latest shooter.
Crashing to the desktop is one of the most common Call of Duty launch issues but luckily, the problem might not be that hard to fix. If your game is crashing, there are some things that you can do in order to fix this until Infinity Ward comes up with the official patch.
These are pretty much standard fixes for every Call of Duty title so they might work on Modern Warfare 2 too. Read on below for the potential crashing fixes:
How to fix crashing in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2?
- Make sure your Windows is up to date. The latest Windows 10 version is 21H2. The latest Windows 11 version is 22H2.
- Download the latest drivers for your graphics card from AMD or Nvidia website.
- Shut down all applications that are running in the background.
- MSI Afterburner, AMD or Nvidia overlays or any other monitoring software should be closed.
- If you're running the game on Ultra, try lowering the graphics settings to Medium.
- Set the resolution render to 80.
- Try locking your frame rate to 60 FPS.
- Check the temperatures of your GPU and CPU. Sometimes, Call of Duty will crash if your temps are too high.
- Scan and repair the game in Battle.net.
- Reinstall the game.
If these don't help, well, you are out of luck. You'll need to stay patient until Activision start rolling out those post-launch patches that will hopefully fix these issues. We'll keep updating this article with more potential fixes as the community finds new ways to stop the crashing on PC.