Borderlands 3's Show Me the Eridium Event introduced a bunch of changes to the game as well as a plethora of opportunities to farm the precious element.
Borderlands 3's Show Me the Eridium Event is now live in-game. The mini-event will go on until 15:59 GMT on April 8.
Once this mini-event is activated via a quick update, you can expect Eridium drops from standard enemies, increased Eridium drops in Mayhem Mode, discounted Eridium costs to use Moxxi's Vault Line slot machine, and a discount on all the items sold by Crazy Earl in the Cargo Bay of Sanctuary III.
This will be the perfect time to snag tons of Eridium, especially if you're preparing for an incoming raid boss.
As part of the Director's Cut add-on that will be live on April 8, you can take on a raid boss encounter against a Varkid known as Hemovorous the Invincible. In order to open the door to Hemovorous' lair on Pandora, your group will need to deposit 500 Eridium to prove you're serious about taking on this endgame challenge. Good luck.
The update that kicked off the Show Me the Eridium Event also added the following changes:
- Prevent Artifacts from dropping for players before they unlock at level 27 in Arms Race.
- Increased the chance for Legendary Gear to appear in the Golden Chest on Sanctuary III.
- The old scaling solutions opened up a can of worms regarding the intended diversity of builds and playstyles so the amount of damage being passed along to passive skills that use Mayhem Scaling in Mayhem 6 and above had to be lowered.
- Implemented a stacking cap of two on the Operative’s Commitment skill to bring it in line with similar skills and prevent excessive stacking.
- Decreased the damage bonus on the Gunner’s Short Fuse skill from 75 per cent to 50 per cent.
- Lowered the damage bonus on the Guardian Perk Groundbreaker from 25 per cent to 10 per cent.
Increased the damage done by skills using the Siren’s Phasecast and Phaseslam:
- Phasecast – Cast damage increased by 5%
- Deliverance bonus increased by 5%
- Reverberation bonuses increased by 10%
- Tandava bonus damage increased by 10%
- Phaseslam – Slam damage increased by 10%
- Fracture damage bonus increased to 35%
- Downfall bonus increased to 10%
In turn, Amara's Action Skills will be somewhat beefed up to balance out the damage taken from some pieces of gear.
Click here for more information on weapon adjustments .