Torchlight III has officially launched for Nintendo Switch. Everyone who buys the game on the hybrid platform will get an exclusive red fairy pet, the Ashen Glittersprite.
Torchlight III is available on Nintendo Switch right now. The game's price tag on the platform reads $39.99.
Those who purchase the Nintendo Switch version will be awarded an exclusive and adorable red fairy pet, the Ashen Glittersprite.
In addition, Nintendo Switch players can utilize touch screen support that enables them to easily navigate in-game menus and their loot-filled inventory.
It's been over a hundred years since the events of Torchlight II, where the great heroes of Torchlight defeated The Dark Alchemist and sealed the Netherlord’s heart inside the Clockwork Core.
The heroes brought peace to the world of Novastraia, but now the Netherim have returned and the Ember Empire finds itself on the brink of collapse once more.
To save Novastraia, players have to gather their wits and brave the frontier as they search for fame, glory and new adventures to become the legends the world needs them to be.
Torchlight III features its signature gameplay mechanics, including hack’n’slash combat, a vibrant world, both online 4-player cooperative multiplayer and offline single-player, plus the popular pet system.
Torchlight III also freshens things up with new features, such as three epic acts, unique Relic subclasses, customizable forts and a challenging end-game experience in "Fazeer Shah’s Dun-Djinn."
The game also includes a multi-tiered "Contracts" progression system that lets players earn Fame and unlock elite items.
Torchlight III Key Features
- Travel the Frontier: explore the wilderness, party with friends, gather materials to craft loot, use magical maps to enter unknown dungeons, or show off your spoils in town.
- Build & Upgrade Your Fort: enjoy your very own account-based fort, where you can upgrade gear, and make renovations to show it off to their friends and the world. Build monuments of power, pet stables, and more.
- Choose a Relic: Relics are objects of great power that grant players a suite of active and passive skills. Players can choose one of five of these at the beginning of their journey and use skill points to unlock or enhance their relic’s abilities. The relic is an important part of a character's strategy.
- Collect Epic Gear: Suit up in a variety of armour and weapons found across the frontier including charming hats, pet apparel, and unique locomotion options.
- Pets are Back: Players can fight their way to fame and glory with loyal companions. Each of the many species comes in a myriad of colours and styles.
- Build Your Hero: There are four classes to choose from, along with 20 class and Relic combinations.
- The Dusk Mage - an enchanter who harnesses the power of light and dark energy to conjure devastating attacks.
- The Forged - a robot who relies on an arsenal of weaponry to build up heat and unleash explosive assaults.
- The Railmaster - a locomotive savvy powerhouse who steams into combat with a massive hammer and heavily armed battle train.
- The Sharpshooter - a powerful and nimble ranged character who uses incredible skill with ranged weapons and magical trinkets to take on enemies from afar.
- Bane - Summons a cluster of spiders and casts volleys of deadly poison.
- Blood Drinker - Heals a player’s wounds while enemies bleed.
- Coldheart - Controls crowds by freezing, slowing, or knocking back threats.
- Electrode - Unleashes an unpredictable surge of electricity.
- Flaming Destroyer - Consistently burns enemies and sets things ablaze.
Torchlight III is also available on Steam , Xbox One and PlayStation 4.