Curve Digital and Neon Giant have announced a new DLC for action RPG The Ascent, titled Cyber Heist, which launches on August 18, 2022.
Cyber Heist is the game's first major DLC with plenty of fresh content including new story missions, weapons and locations among other things.
The Ascent: Cyber Heist's story is set after the base game's main story and will be accessible to those who completed the campaign. The new missions will be playable either solo or co-op with friends.
The DLC also introduces two new weapons, including the first melee weapons - Rock Crusher and Guillotine. The trailer above includes some gameplay snippets of the new weapon and it's safe to say that it looks pretty chaotic as expected from The Ascent combat.
You can also check out one of the new weapons in the screenshot below:
Cyber Heist will officially launch on August 18, 2022, for £7.99/€9.99/$9.99.
Here is the breakdown of the new content that is coming with the DLC:
- New weapons: Experiment with all-new weapons, including for Melee weapons - Rock Crusher and Guillotine.
- New Overlord locations: A brand new arcology owned by the Malhorst-Gelb group with new locations and environments.
- New main and side missions: Continue the story of The Ascent by completing new challenging main and side missions. Encounter colorful new characters like Ontario and Zell along the way, and fight against new enemies.
The Ascent launched as an Xbox and PC exclusive just over a year ago. In the meantime, the game also arrived to PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 platforms. Curve Digital confirmed that The Ascent was their largest launch ever, earning over $5 million in sales during its launch weekend.
Certainly an impressive feat, given that the game also launched day one on Xbox Game Pass.
- Hard West 2 release date announced with new trailer
- Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous gets console release date, new DLC trailer
- Team Ninja reveal Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty features
- EA are working on a Black Panther game; here are the first details
- League of Legends Will Likely Stop Making New Champions in the Future