Spacebase Startopia just got its official release date. The release date was revealed alongside the launch of the closed beta and a brand-new gameplay trailer.
Publisher Kalypso Media and developer Realmforge Studios have announced that their construction management sim Spacebase Startopia is coming on October 23, 2020.
The release date was revealed alongside the launch of the closed beta and a brand-new gameplay trailer.
The Spacebase Startopia beta was revealed earlier this week on Twitch and it will be unlocked today for all pre-purchase customers on the Kalypso Store. A special pre-purchase discount included*.
Spacebase Startopia is available in two versions - a Standard Edition and an Extended Edition.
The Standard edition consists of the base game and beta access. The Extended Edition adds in-game items and a digital soundtrack into the mix.
The game's beta is available in two languages: English and German. The beta features three tutorial maps, two singleplayer missions, an early version of skirmish mode with randomized parameters, 15 rooms and three tech tree levels.
The devs promise more content as part of regular updates that will be deployed as the launch date approaches.
Spacebase Startopia is set to launch on October 23, 2020, on PC, Mac, Linux, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, with the Nintendo Switch version to follow in 2021.
Spacebase Startopia features:
- Singleplayer campaign with 10 fully voiced single-player missions.
- Individually configurable sandbox mode.
- A competitive and cooperative multiplayer for up to 4 players.
- Build 30+ rooms across three very different decks to offer everything that the visiting aliens could wish for.
- Manage a melting pot of different alien races, each with their individual – and sometimes contradictory - needs and desires.
- Produce and trade resources to turn a profit, while running sabotage missions against your competitors.
*Please note that AltChar advises against pre-purchases of any kind. Use your better judgement.