According to the latest rumours, Resident Evil 8 will be a first-person title like its predecessor Resident Evil 7. The game will feature several new enemy types and Ethan will return as the main protagonist.
Resident Evil 8 is yet to be officially confirmed by Capcom but many leaks and rumours revealed that the game is indeed in development for quite some time now. Leaks claim that the game will not be coming anytime soon, though, since Capcom plan to launch it on next-gen consoles, with a brand new engine.
Today, we have a fresh leak which reveals a ton of new details about the game. Before we dive into it, keep in mind that the info is unconfirmed and you should take it with a grain of salt, just like any other rumour, leak or unofficial news.
That being said, the leak comes from an alleged playtester who correctly leaked some Project Resistance details earlier. The leaker claims that Resident Evil 8 will not be named Resident Evil 8, instead, Capcom will go for a "clever title".
The game will be first-person and Ethan from Resident Evil 7 will return as the main protagonist. Chris Redfield will also return in some capacity. Here are the key details from the leak:
- Ethan will be returning as a playable character.
- Resident Evil 8 was tested last year.
- It will not be called Resident Evil 8, but will have a "clever title"
- The game will be in First-person like RE7.
- Gameplay starts in a village leading up to a castle.
- The environment will be rural, snowy, and mountainous; possibly Europe.
- Regular zombies will be appearing instead of the Molded from RE7.
- There is a persistent shadowy “female” enemy that will follow you but will dissipate if shot.
- There are also wolf-like creatures that will attack the player in certain areas.
- Chris Redfield will also be returning in some capacity.
It safe to say that the leaked details sound pretty cool and we cannot wait to see just how good the game will look on the new engine and next-gen consoles. As for the release date, the leak does not mention the target release window but don't expect to see the new game anytime soon. Our guess would be early 2021.