Rumour has it Bethesda plan to showcase Starfield gameplay on July 11, 2020. Apparently, the game is complete and going through a content overhaul and extra world-building phase.
According to the latest leak over at Reddit , Bethesda are gearing up for a digital event, which is taking place on July 11, 2020. The leaker, who goes by the name of ThrowAwayMarketting claims that Bethesda initially did not have plans for such event, which was also confirmed by Pete Hines , but Zenimax stepped in and "put pressure on the publisher to throw together a digital showcase."
"Everyone is scrambling now and rushing to get this showcase together. Lots of overtime and extra pay for in-office work," the leaker wrote in the post.
The event could be announced towards the end of June and it will feature Fallout 76, Elder Scrolls Online and Doom Eternal and Starfield.
The biggest highlight of the event will be a new teaser for Starfield along with 4K gameplay showcase. The leaker states that Starfield is complete and "going through content overhaul and extra world-building".
On top of this, the release date is set for 2021 and the game may not be for everyone's cup of tea. "There will also be online social components and a mobile Starfield app for use alongside playing the main game. Todd Howard didn't want it but Zenimax did," it's written in the post.
Here is what is on the docket, according to the source:
- Additional Deathloop info and gameplay
- Additional Ghostwire info and gameplay with mention of Ikumi's original vision
- Elder Scrolls Online Greymoor
- ESO Community Spotlight
- "The Future of ESO"
- Fallout 76 Community Spotlight
- New Fallout 76 Content Announcement
- "The Future of Fallout 76"
- DOOM Eternal's Huge Expansion Announcement
- Commander Keen (Redone since original announcement)
- Starfield Teaser (With 4k Gameplay)