Capcom's upcoming survival horror Resident Evil Village has had another playtest, which put playtesters in the boots of a female character, who finds herself in a dark cave, surrounded by Krampus-like enemies with goat horns.
Thanks to the latest Resident Evil Village playtest, we have a bunch of new details about new enemy types, new location and playable characters. A playtester, who claims to have been participating in the new round of playtesting has shared these details with folks over at
, and here is the breakdown of the fresh new info:
- The new location is a dark cave, very similar to the final caves of Resident Evil 7.
- The playtester controlled a female character with a kerosene lantern. (Potentially the same female that can be seen in the trailer?)
- No weapons during this segment as the only objective was to escape the caves.
- The woman looked very distressed and the playtester reiterated that the caves are very dark.
- These caves featured a yet unseen enemy type that is very different from the beast-men in the trailer.
- New enemies were tall and very similar to Krampus with goat horns, furry and bipedal.
- Enemies carried swords but also had the ability to bite and grab the player.
- A file found in the cave referred to these creatures as Strigoi, a troubled spirit from Romanian folklore that are said to have arisen from the grave.
- One of the witches, named Scarlett, was in the caves and she was able to control the Strigoi.
- Again, the main objective is to stay hidden and escape the caves as you don't have any weapons to defend yourself.
- Once you manage to escape the cave, you'll reach a room in the castle where a woman named Pepi resides.
- Pepi is described as tired and under threat from having to take orders from someone she didn't want to.
Resident Evil Village is coming to PC, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X sometime in 2021.