Ubisoft have released Y4S4.1 patch for their tactical shooter Rainbow Six Siege. The patch brings South American servers to PS4 and Xbox One and bug fixes for several operators.
A new Rainbow Six Siege update is live now on the PC platform and it's coming soon to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Ubisoft have released the full patch notes on their blog and we're going to take a look at some of the additions and changes.
The patch doesn't really bring any major tweaks or features but there's a lot of fixes for annoying gameplay and operator bugs. Before we check some of these, it's worth noting that the Y4S4.1 patch has deployed permanent South America servers for Xbox One and PS4 after successful server tests. Also, the Themepark Discovery Playlist will be removed from the main menu, but will still be available for play.
Now let's take a look at some of the bug fixes:
- FIXED – [RFF] If the hostage is moved and killed by a Volcan shield, but the attacker leaves before their gadget destroys the shield, the defending team receives a loss and Goyo gets the TK penalty. (It should be the attacker who destroyed the shield receiving the penalty).
- FIXED – [RFF] Hostage death is attributed to Defenders if the Hostage goes into DBNO from a GU Mine while being escorted by an Attacker (Attackers should receive the loss if they fail to revive the hostage before they bleed out).
- FIXED – [RFF] If an attacker with a damaging gadget moves the hostage and quits before Wamai’s Mag-Net detonates the gadget, the defending team loses the round and Wamai receives the TK penalty.
- FIXED – [RFF] Additionally, if the hostage is moved, damaging them with any fire gadget (Capitao Firebolt or Goyo Volcan) and quitting the client before the fire begins to propagate will cause the round to end in a draw.
- FIXED – Various cosmetic charm, uniform, headgear fixes.
- FIXED – Claymores do not trigger when players approach with a deployable shield in their hands.
- FIXED – Destruction sometimes not properly replicated after a JIP.
- FIXED – Melee SFX can be muffled when prone.
- FIXED – Players can place breaching charges or Ying Candelas on the wooden side of a wood-reinforced wall.
- FIXED – Some deployable gadgets such as ADS, Evil Eye, and Bulletproof cams lose functionality when deployed in certain spots on window frames with the barricade removed.
- FIXED – Goyo doesn’t receive any points for Volcan Detonation if he is dead when it detonates.
- FIXED – The fuzing SFX for Hibana’s X-Kairos is not properly propagating through destructible walls or hatches.
- FIXED – If Jackal kills an operator while his Eyenox is active, the circle tracking VFX and footprints will appear during the killcam replay.
- FIXED – If Jackal kills a player with his Eyenox active and starts scanning another footprint in real-time, the scanning progress bar will appear in the replay as well.
- FIXED – Older footprints are not visible for Jackal if he disconnects and reconnects in a round.
- FIXED – Footsteps are desynced between Jackal and players in support mode after killcam plays.
- FIXED – In the killcam replay, footsteps don’t disappear after the Jackal completes the scan in (in the replay).
- FIXED – The Scanning progress animation and highlight effect for Jackal’s Eyenox is not present in replays.
- FIXED – The age of footsteps does not remain fixed at the start of the scan.
- FIXED – Kali’s Lv-EI destruction decal remains even after the gadget is deployed and destroyed.
- FIXED – Depth of Field mask disappears during zoom transitions when in ADS with Kali.
- FIXED – the number of pings does not match the intended number of pings displayed in the debuff counter (counter = # of times pinged -1).
- FIXED – Drones remain jammed if they encounter a Mute gadget and disconnect, even if the Mute jammer is removed.
- FIXED – The jamming VFX is not present if a player reconnects to a jammed drone.
- FIXED – Mute jammer can be picked up while prone.
- FIXED – Warden missing smart vision blue tint overlay on Theme Park when a gadget is activated.
- FIXED – If Wamai’s Mag-Net catches a projectile and falls, the projectile trajectory continues to follow the same path towards the Mag-Nets previous position before it fell.
- FIXED – Valkyrie Black Eye can be rotated at 180 degrees if it hits an operator first.
On top of these fixes, the patch also brings a lot of level design and user-experience fixes. You can check the full patch notes for a closer look at these.