Vikendi fans rejoice - PUBG Corp announced that they've been quietly working on the snowy map ever since they put it on hiatus. So, Vikendi will be making its way back into the game as part of the 7.1 update.
"When we launched Karakin back in Season 6, Vikendi was put on a short hiatus. During that time, we've put a lot of work into making PUBG's frosty Battleground something new and special. Once we were close to finished, we gathered a little more feedback and made adjustments after the PUBG Partner test last month. Now we're happy to announce that Vikendi is ready to be brought back into the fight in Update 7.1", the dev wrote.
Now, PUBG's 7.1 update is already live on the Test Server so Vikendi's full release on the live servers is imminent.
That said, Vikendi is not the same as you left it. There have been many terrain updates, adjustment and readjustment of snow levels, changes to cities and landmarks, and more.
PUBG's frosty map will have a multi-track railway that will help players traverse the island. There's even a whiff of Jurrasic Park with the Dino Park now being Dinoland. No, there's no Jeff Goldblum, you're on your own.
Vikendi's Abbey has been moved to Mount Kreznik; Volnova will offer PUBG players much more cover, while Tovar and Movatra have been ditched.
Now, Vikendi will be available for selection via the featured map option. However, healthy queue times are still a priority, and should it negatively affect queue times - it's back to random matchmaking.
- Trains have been added and can be found moving along multiple tracks across Vikendi
- There is a major train line that extends along the perimeter of Vikendi, with 6 connected tracks towards the inland areas of the island
- Trains stop temporarily at train stations across the map
- Reduced snow cover
- Snow cover is reduced more on the Southern areas of the island
- Snowbikes and Snowmobiles have been removed
- Motorcycle and Motorcycle with sidecar will spawn instead, being more versatile vehicles for the updated terrain
- Weather will be either Clear or Snowy
- Moonlight has been removed for now, but will return with visual improvements at a later date
- General map optimizations have been made
- You can play the updated Vikendi in custom matches
- A new Cargo Depot has been added
You can find the full PUBG 7.1 patch notes here .