Having put the Update 6.3 through its paces on the Test Server, PUBG Corp now rolled it out for the regular live servers. We'd say it arrives with a bang, but that's actually selling the Panzerfaust a bit short - PUBG's new rocket launcher is a fickle but powerful beast.
Panzerfaust's addition has been looming for a while now, but we'd say the extra time was worth it. PUBG players should know that the fresh new boomstick is exclusive to Karakin, but it's not as simple as it seems.
Firstly, picking up the Panzerfaust means PUBG players are giving up the primary weapon slot. Karakin's terrain means it's a decision that can turn from ingenious to disastrous in a second, especially if the receiver is good in dodging projectiles.
Much like their real-life counterparts, PUBG's new rocket launchers spit fire both ways when fired. In other words, make sure your teammates steer clear of the rear, lest they like being turned into charcoal.
- Karakin exclusive
- Uncommon world spawn found across the map
- Guaranteed to be in every airdrop
- The Panzerfaust warhead explodes upon impact, but can also be blown up mid air
- The damage radius is 6m from the point of impact
- The explosion can deal splash damage through thin walls and objects, up to a short distance
- Can be used to breach specific walls on Karakin, much like the Sticky Bomb
- The warhead will explode mid air, before impact if damaged by explosions or shot by a bullet
- One time use
- Once the warhead is fired, the Panzerfaust tube will be discarded and cannot be picked back up
- Firing the warhead produces a backblast, so be careful!
- The backblast damages those within a 3m zone behind the weapon
- Be careful you don’t have any teammates, or a wall too close behind you. You’ve been warned
- Zeroing options at 60, 100 (default) and 150 meters
Among the other changes are buffs to the Tommy Gun and UMP-45, which PUBG Corp conceded were overdue and nerfed too much, respectively. M249 fans will be glad to know it's been added to normal loot on all the maps, but its newly added attachments support has been offset with harder control and bullet damage nerf from 45 to 40.
Tommy Guns now sport upper rails for Red Dots and Holo Sights, rate of fire boost from 700 to 750, improved accuracy and decreased recoil when firing for an extended time. UMP-45's bullet damage, rate of fire and muzzle velocity got buffed significantly, as PUBG are hoping to make it a more viable choice.
Last but not least is the DBS which has also been moved from Care Packages to ground loot on all the maps.
You can find the full list of changes and bug fixes in the 6.3 patch notes here .