Nier Automata is getting a PC patch on Thursday, July 15, 2021. The patch is set to introduce a bunch of improvements and fixes including a Fidelity FX CAS implementation.
Square Enix have announced that Nier Automata will be getting a Steam patch this week - Thursday, July 15, 2021. In the official announcement on Steam , the publisher listed the full patch notes which include some pretty neat improvements and additions. One of them is AMD's Fidelity FX CAS (Contrast Adaptive Sharpening), which increases the visual quality by enabling sharpening with optional upscaling to restore detail lost after TAA is applied.
Here are the full patch notes for the Nier Automata Steam patch
- Borderless video settings have been implemented.
- Fidelity FX CAS feature has been added.
- The system will now detect whether HDR has been activated in the Windows display settings, and automatically boot the game in HDR mode if it has.
- Adjustments to the anti-aliasing functionality.
- Approximately 270 UI textures for icons, backdrops and UI elements etc. now support 4K resolutions
- The bit rate has been improved and all pre-rendered cut scenes adjusted, so they will now play in 60FPS and display in the correct aspect ratio without stretching the picture.
- A new “Global illumination” feature has been implemented.
- This can be set to three different levels; High, Medium or Low.
- The rendering targets for ambient occlusion and bloom effects have been changed to dynamic resolution based on the game’s resolution.
- It is now possible to switch between recently selected display modes for screenshots, such as between full screen and windowed mode or between borderless and windowed mode, by pushing the Alt + Enter keys together.
- The mouse cursor is no longer displayed when using a gamepad controller.
- The frame rate has been stabilized at 60FPS under default settings.
- Other stability related fixes have also been implemented.