Recently, TaleWorlds have posted an article on their official site regarding their future plans, All of those inspired hope in players that they will see the game in a positive light soon enough, but reality came knocking once again.
Over the past few months, dozens of new scenes, items, animations, icons, artwork, and sounds have been added to the game, greatly expanding the options and experiences available to you while journeying through Calradia. Additionally, several new features and systems were introduced, presenting you with fresh challenges while giving you greater control over key aspects of the game.
However, it seems that these additions have done more harm than good.
The most recent hotfix proves this, as it is composed almost solely by various fixes to game crashes:
- Fixed a crash that occurred when the player selected an heir that was at the time staying in a settlement.
- Fixed a crash that occurred while closing the inventory screen.
- Fixed a crash that occurred due to army management influence cost calculations.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when a party entered a settlement.
- Fixed a crash that occurred during the Destroy Raiders conspiracy quest on map event finalization.
- Disabled a number of lord's hall scenes as they were causing crashes.
The list goes on and on, and these are merely single-player crashes, from the older version of the game, one which has had a lot of updates and fixes by now.
Multiplayer still remains, for all intents and purposes, dead, and sieges are a hit and miss. Not in a fun way mind you, but whether your siege will work at all, or something random will happen, leaving you unable to even try to siege a town.
Let us hope that TaleWorlds optimizes the game in the first place, and then starts adding on features and updates, as everyone else does, as doing it the way they do now seems too big of a bite for them.