Capcom's Monster Hunter Rise is finally available on Steam in its Demo form. The snippet of the action is available to everyone. The game will launch in January 2022.
Monster Hunter Rise's demo is now free to play over on Steam. The long-awaited demo comes fully loaded with five quests, a few actual hunts and access to all 14 weapon types right out of the gate.
Monster Hunter Rise Demo details
Steam version features:
- 4K resolution
- Various graphics options
- Controller support and optimized keyboard & mouse controls
- Voice Chat
- Ultrawide Display support
The five quests include two tutorials and three actual hunting quests that cater to all players:
- Basic Training Quest (Tutorial)
- Wyvern Riding Training Quest (Tutorial)
- Slay a Great Izuchi (Beginner)
- Slay a Mizutsune (Intermediate)
- Slay Magnamalo (Advanced)
All 14 weapon types available in the demo can be used solo or in a co-op environment with up to four players.
Monster Hunter Rise Demo bonuses
Playing the demo will unlock the "Demo Player Bonus" item pack in the full game. Monster Hunter Rise is set to get a full release on January 12, 2022.
Other features and pre-purchase bonuses
Those who decide to pre-commit to Monster Hunter Rise will get a layered armour for their Buddies as well as a special Talisman as a bonus.
Monster Hunter RIse pre-purchase bonuses:
- "Retriever Costume" Palamute layered armour set.
- "Forest Cat Costume" Palico layered armour set.
- Novice Talisman - will help the newcomers in the early stages of their journey.
Notes about pre-purchasing:
- The aforementioned bonuses will be available until 4:59 p.m. UTC on January 12, 2022.
- Bonus items may be made available separately sometime in the future.
- Layered armour is purely cosmetic: doesn't add any special abilities to the Buddies.
Monster Hunter Rise Demo - known issues
Capcom confirmed that there is an issue resulting in the player character flickering on the Character Select screen after selecting a quest when using certain AMD Graphics Cards. The good news is that the glitch only occurs on the Character Select screen and does not affect any of the gameplay after selecting a character.
Capcom is looking into the problem with AMD.