alexametrics
Game News

Ghostwire: Tokyo is an action-packed tale of a haunted city

Published: 13:04, 12 June 2020
Bethesda
Ghostwire: Tokyo combat
Ghostwire: Tokyo, need a light there, buddy?

Last night's PlayStation 5 presentation gave us a mouthwatering look at Ghostwire: Tokyo, which prompted the dev to share more information about the game.

Ghostwire: Tokyo takes place in the titular city after 99 per cent of its population goes missing, presumably overwhelmed by paranormal threats.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, though, and you're left to wander the streets of Tokyo not only not-dead - you'll be equipped with supernatural powers of your own. 

Your powers will be the only thing keeping you alive in Ghostwire: Tokyo, especially when facing evil spirits called The Visitors. These are:

  • Amewarashi: This entity manifests as a young child in a yellow raincoat. Derived from the powerful emotions of sadness caused by being separated from his parents, as well as his innocent yet mischievous spirit, this Visitor will call for help and bring forth fellow spirit when it feels threatened.
  • Shiromuku: Shiromuku is a traditional type of pure white wedding kimono, and though she may appear to be a bride, this Visitor is actually a physical manifestation of powerful emotions. This Visitor represents regret and strong feelings for a partner she was never able to marry.
  • Kuchisake: Inspired by an actual urban legend, the Kuchisake-onna is a strong and agile opponent, capable of closing distances quickly to get at you with her large scissor blades. Be careful if she asks you if you find her attractive; there are no right answers there.

Bethesda Ghostwire: Tokyo scene Ghostwire: Tokyo

Formidable as they are, the evil spirits are not your only enemies in Ghostwire: Tokyo. Remember that the figure was 99 per cent of the population? Yeah, well, the rest of the non-you 1 per cent are wearing Hannya masks and are as mysterious as the rest of what happened to the city.

Ghostwire: Tokyo depiction of the real-life city Ghostwire: Tokyo

Latest Articles
Most Popular