Respawn have revealed the next Apex Legends event to be the Fight Night Collection Event, and they shared some details on the Airdrop Escalation Takeover, plans for the future and more.
So, Season 7's first collection event is kicking off tomorrow, January 5, 2020, at 8:00pm PT, which means most European players will be playing it the day after.
In short, Apex Legends players can expect the following:
- A new temporary game-type, the "Airdrop Escalation Takeover"
- The Pathfinder Town Takeover
- The Fight Night Collection Event, and its associated rewards track, collectible cosmetics, and the new Gibraltar heirloom
- Newly generous loot-granting MRVNs
- And a whole host of balance changes and bug fixes
Airdrop Escalation LTM
Airdrop Escalation LTM will apparently a "takeover" of the regular mode, but it's not that different so we're sure fans won't mind. As the name suggests, there will be airdrops galore and every round will see more of them hurling towards the ground.
Each drop comes with a fully kitted weapon of different tiers - Round 1 comes with level 2 kitted weapons while Round 4 will drop red armour and crate weapons.
Pathfinder Town Takeover
The tin can's Town Takeover is proper fight night, and those players who enter his ring will be prevented from using weapons - it's all about fists. And grapplers.
No outsiders can participate, as the ring is immune to everything outside, and if punch out the loot balls inside the ring - you can even score some rare loot.
MRVNS, i.e. Pathfinder model robots, have been programmed to reward legends on Olympus, and they'll produce the loot in accordance with their mood.
- White sad face = Common level 1 loot
- Neutral blue face = Rare level 2 loot
- Pleased purple face = Epic level 3 loot
- Very Happy yellow face = Legendary Level 4 loot