With the launch of NBA 2K20 fast approaching, excitement is running high and 2K Games now rolled out the latest trailer, showcasing the new MyTeam features. Additionally, the game's senior producer Rick Boenisch shared a few words.
"MyTEAM returns to NBA 2K20 with daily goals, card-levelling, a reimagined Triple Threat, limited-time events, and even more prizes", 2K wrote.
In quite a lengthy blog post, Boenisch went into greater detail on NBA 2K20, reminding that last year's developer diary outlined what the goals were and how they're going to address some of the missteps.
He says NBA 2K19 ended up meeting each of the goals, which were about providing more varied pack release types, providing more compelling content in the premiere 20th Anniversary Collection/Signature Series releases, and nailing that sweet spot in terms of content cadence.
Boenisch said that Card Evolution is a "complete game-changer", as these cards will allow you to level up MyTeam's player ratings and badges.
To give you more incentive to play - 2K will give you a free Evo card when you enter MyTeam, and you'll get to "choose between a free Derrick Rose, Tracy McGrady, Vince Carter, Dirk Nowitzki, or Hakeem Olajuwon Evo card."
Triple Threat and Triple Threat Online are making a return in NBA 2K20, although the singleplayer Triple Threat was completely redesigned. In order to ensure you play another team each game, your opponents will be randomly determined from the cards released by that point.
Among NBA 2K20 novelties is Today in MyTeam, whose first flavour are Limited Time Events. These last for a select number of hours each day and can earn you special bonuses. 2K gave a few examples of what to expect:
- Token Mania: Win 1 bonus Token for every win in Domination!
- Look Out Below: Earn 1 extra ball drop following every win in Triple Threat Online!
- Jackpot Time: Earn 1 extra Jackpot Spin after every win in Triple Threat!
- You Get MTP, You Get MTP: Earn 250 Bonus MTP after every win in Unlimited/Domination/Triple Threat/etc.!
- Ball Drop Madness: Play Triple Threat Online for a chance to earn a (Gem Color) (Player Name) card! [The team experimented with this one last year a number of times; your excitement for this event inspired the entire Limited-Time Events feature. Go MyTEAM community!]
The second flavour of the Today in MyTeam feature is The Agenda, and this is "a collection of objectives for you to accomplish over a varied set of timelines."
NBA 2K20 MyTeam's Domination has gone through some re-designing, letting you choose your difficulty levels, each of which will earn you different number of Stars.
"As you play through Domination mode this year, you are going to earn a number of lower-tier Evolution Cards along the way. These aren't cards that are meant to be in your lineup for very long, but they serve a very important purpose", they wrote.