Hearthstone's upcoming Masters Tours - Jönköping and Asia-Pacific will be held online - Blizzard announced. The decision came in light of the recent COVID-19 pandemic. The tours will be held in June and July, respectively.
Hearthstone's Masters Tour Jönköping and the next Masters Tour in Asia-Pacific will be held online, due to the global situation regarding COVID-19 - Blizzard announced.
The Masters Tour Online: Jönköping will still take place from 12 June until 14 June during Central European Time, while the Masters Tour Online: Asia-Pacific will start on 16 July and end on 19 July during Korea Standard Time.
The announcement reads: "The Masters Tour is built around the principle of a global community of players coming together to compete, and the relationships forged at each event are core to Hearthstone esports. While combating the current health crisis has required these events to be held remotely this online structure is the exception."
In the announcement, Blizzard pointed out that they are going to keep tracking the global situation and are excited to hopefully get back to playing together and in-person for both Masters Tour Montreal and Masters Tour Madrid later in the year.
While the chance to qualify for Masters Tour Online: Jönköping has ended, here are some of the ways you can get an invite to Masters Tour Online: Asia-Pacific:
- Win an online Masters Qualifier between 2 April and 24 May on Battlefy .
- Finish with at least a 7-2 record at Masters Tour Los Angeles or Jönköping.
- Place within the Top 8 of a Masters Qualifier for Masters Tour Online: Asia-Pacific 5 times.
- Place top 16 Legend on the in-game Ladder in April and May ( see official Masters Qualifiers rules for details ).
- Be a Hearthstone Grandmaster.