Bethesda are set to introduce a new update which will add a much-requested feature to Wolfenstein Youngblood. The patch will add checkpoints to Towers and end bosses after many players were frustrated with the game's checkpoint system.
Wolfenstein Youngblood, the latest instalment in the iconic franchise didn't really manage to reach the high scores like its predecessors The New Colossus and The New Order.
Many players and gaming critics were left disappointed with the change in the gameplay, which put a big emphasis on the co-op rather than singleplayer. However, one of the biggest issues for players was the extremely frustrating checkpoint system, which made players re-play missions all the way from the start.
Fortunately, in the upcoming patch, Machine Games will adress this issue according to the latest blog post. The patch, which is scheduled to arrive to PC platform by the end of this week, and to consoles sometime next week will also include several other changes and you can take a look at some of them below:
- Adjusting the difficulty of all boss fights
- Taking a variety of actions designed to reduce the feeling of enemy “bullet sponginess”
- Granting ammo for basic weapons after player respawn
- Adding more special weapon ammo throughout more difficult areas
- Adding duplicate tutorial laptops to the game to make 100% completion more attainable
- Fixing an issue that could cause an area to respawn enemies prematurely
- Increasing the speed of switching between certain weapons, to make it easier to adapt to enemy armour types
If you were annoyed by some of the cringy dialogue between the sisters you'll certainly appreciate the patch 1.0.5 which will also adjust the “amount of sisterly banter.” Machine Games also increased the speed when switching between weapons and added an option to remove enemy health bars.
At the moment, the full patch notes are not available but will go live whenever the update itself launches for the PC version of the game.
Wolfenstein: Youngblood is available for PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.