Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus just got its first big update since launch. The patch contains Freedom Chronicles Episode Zero, Xbox One X Support, PC fixes and an unlocked Vault. The Vault introduces replayable content for those in need.
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus launched to some great reviews but the PC portion of its playerbase didn't give it a "Mixed" review score on Steam for nothing. For once. The comments ranged from "a bit unstable and a little glitchy" to "70 minutes in and the game freezes whenever I try to load up my save".
The game's first post-launch update might hold an answer. You see, the update is available to download now on PS4 and Xbox One, with a PC update dropping today, 07 November at 3:00 PM GMT. The patch is quite big, containing Freedom Chronicles Episode Zero, Xbox One X Support, PC fixes and an unlocked Vault.
Freedom Chronicles Episode Zero represents content available to pre-order customers and Season Pass holders who redeemed their codes. As one might expect, the Xbox One X game enhancement pack contains support for 4K resolution and dynamic resolution scaling.
The fact that the Vault is now unlocked means replayable content as well as 10 new combat simulations playable from the Main Menu or in Evas Hammer, provided you have reached Chapter 2. The Vault also has a leaderboard functionality that lets you compare your scores with other players'.
And now, the moment some of you have kind of been waiting for, the PC fixes:
- Improved stability on NVIDIA 10-series GPUs
- Async compute temporarily disabled until driver fix available
- Forced driver update on driver detect warning message can now be manually bypassed
- Improved Win 10 stability on supported NVIDIA GPUs when launching at any resolution other than 4K when DPI scaling is set to 175% 4K monitor
- Improved Win 10 stability on supported NVIDIA GPUs when resolution is changed to 4K while DPI scaling is set to 125% or 150%
- Fixed “zoomed in brightness menu” issue on 4K monitors (when DPI scaling was set to greater than 100%)
- Skybox fixes
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus is now available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC, with the Nintendo Switch version coming in 2018.