The 6.08 update for the game has been unveiled by Riot Games, and it brings with it significant modifications. Furthermore, the patch notes detail the changes being made to the game.
Valorant's latest patch, version 6.08, brings a plethora of new updates and changes to the game. The popular map Bind has made a comeback in Unrated and Competitive modes, while Icebox has been removed. Players are happy that Riot Games decided to bring back Bind map, as it is the favourite one for most of the gamers!
The audio of the character Gekko has been improved and Killjoy's abilities have been updated. Additionally, a cosmetic update has been made to certain skinlines of the Shorty, including the default one.
In addition to the previously mentioned updates, the upcoming 6.08 patch will include minor audio tweaks for Gekko's Wingman. This alteration is intended to enhance the audio cue for players when planting or defusing the Spike. Additionally, Killjoy, the existing Agent, will be receiving updates to her abilities alongside the introduction of the new Agent.
- Nanoswarm reveal radius increased 350 > 525
- Nanoswarm audio has been updated
- Audio loop now also turns off when disabled as a result of Killjoy being killed or suppressed
- Improved feedback for the enemy when they destroy Nanoswarm
- Nanoswarm is now revealed when it is disabled
- Updated visuals for Killjoy’s ultimate Lockdown (X) being destroyed
- Removed the yellow warning UI Indicator for enemies Killjoy’s Lockdown (X)
- Updated deactivate sounds for Killjoy’s Turret (E) and Alarmbot (Q) to make them more distinct
- Audio improvements to Wingman’s (Q) plant and defuse audio
- The audio cues for Wingman's spike and defuse sound were unclear during hectic combat situations. This should help make those audio cues standout
- Updated Gekko’s in-game portrait for better gameplay readability and quality consistency
- The newly updated Bind rotates into Competitive and Unrated queues
- Icebox rotates out of Competitive and Unrated queues
- Fixed an issue where “Kick ally off” displays while defusing the Spike
- Fixed a visual bug where the Spike progress bar for planting or defusing would speed up or reset while defusing
- Fixed an issue where Yoru couldn’t drop his weapon while using Dimensional Drift (X)
- (Fixed in Patch 6.07) Fixed a bug where the add/remove friend button wasn't available when right clicking a party member who had "Hide my name outside my party" setting turned on
- (Fixed in Patch 6.07) Fixed a bug where banned players would not get removed from your party
- Fixed a bug where party invites that were no longer valid were sometimes still showing as active for players
- Fixed a bug where Team and All chat logs would be wiped after a match
- Fixed a bug where punctuation marks were not correctly displayed when in-game language is Thai
Players who own any of the following will notice an updated Shorty:
- Default Shorty
- Wunderkind Shorty
- Sidekick Shorty
- Karabasan Shorty
- Prism II Shorty
- Doodle Buds Shorty
These are just art updates—there will be no gameplay changes.
- League of Legends: Riot clarifies the reasons of Vayne's dominance in the Top Lane
- Riot intends to change minions in the 2024 preseason of League of Legends
- Riot reveals new information about the release date of Arcane: Season 2