Valheim has received another patch today, and this time the connection with server is the main focus of the update, and developers are hoping that this will solve many connection-related issues for most players.
Iron Gate AB have released a small patch update for their online survival game with an overwhelmingly positive score on Steam , Valheim. You probably heard of it. It's currently one of the most popular games on PC.
The patch serves as a fix for the connection issues players have been experiencing lately. Dedicated servers now always use direct connections instead of using Steam Datagram Relay (SDR). This should result in much lower latency for most Valheimers out there.
Iron Gate AB are hoping that this would solve a lot of connection issues introduced in last week's patches (due to switching socket backend). In addition to these dedicated-server fixes, Valve are also working on fixes to the SDR system (used when connecting to non-dedicated servers).
Full Valheim patch 0.147.3 notes are here:
- Localization updates
- Made Haldor head-turn smoother
- Object network interpolation is skipped if the object was far away, solved the issue with network players flying through the air when entering dungeons & exiting portals, etc
- Added -public 1/0 flag to the dedicated server again, Allows players to host local LAN-only servers
- Join IP-button updated to allow for LAN-connections (dedicated servers only) & added DNS support
- Dedicated servers use directIP connection instead of SDR, solves issues with slow steam relays in some areas of the world
- Bonemass puke-effect network fix
- Updated Dedicated-server PDF manual
- Prevent pickup items when entering portals
- Lowered wolf procreation slightly
- Lowered chance of boss trophy talking