A new patch for The Witcher 3 next-gen edition is here and it brings notable additions and improvements on PC, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.
CD Projekt Red have today dropped a brand new patch for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt next-gen edition, fixing more bugs and improving the overall performance of the game on all platforms. Patch 4.02 also introduces a slider for motion blur so you can reduce or increase the effect.
Given that some players are not quite fond of it, this certainly comes as a neat addition. Other notable changes in the patch notes are improved water visuals and improved performance mode on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.
You can find the full patch notes below.
PC-specific changes and improvements
- Improved CPU core utilization in the DX 12 version.
- Restored horizon-based ambient occlusion. Players who had previously turned Ambient Occlusion off will need to do so again. You can find it in Options → Video → Graphics.
- Fixed an issue where the "My Rewards" section was not localized in REDlauncher.
- Fixed an issue with a flickering landscape in Toussaint that occurred when NVIDIA HairWorks was disabled.
- Fixed an issue related to particle optimization which could result in temporary stuttering.
PlayStation and Xbox changes and improvements
- Improved Performance Mode on next-gen consoles.
- Fixed an issue where characters could become slightly blurry during dialogues and cutscenes on PlayStation 5.
- Fixed an issue related to memory usage in Ray Tracing Mode which could result in crashes on Xbox Series X.
- Whatsoever a Man Soweth... - The game will no longer crash if Geralt runs away from Shani after starting the conversation on next-gen consoles.
- Fixed an issue where quicksaves couldn't be loaded when using cross-progression on Xbox One.
- Added two missing "Top notch swords!" on previous-gen consoles.
- Fixed an issue with overwriting manual saves where in some circumstances the oldest gamesave was deleted on PlayStation 5.
- Addressed performance issues in Beauclair and Novigrad that occurred after loading a gamesave.
Visual changes for PC and Next-Gen only
- Improved immersion of water appearance by adding refraction to SSR and ray-traced reflections.
- Fixed a visual issue with brick textures where black artifacts covered stone arches.
- Added a Motion Blur slider. It can be found in Options → Video → Graphics.
Quests and Gameplay - Available on all platforms
- Battle Preparations - Fixed the lack of a dialogue option that would progress the quest during the objective "Let Avallac'h know everything's ready."
- Reason of State - Fixed an issue where the door to the warehouse could become permanently locked if the player knocked, entered and then immediately left the building.
- Scavenger Hunt: Cat School Gear Upgrade Diagrams Part 1 - Fixed an issue where the quest could stay active even after the diagrams were looted.
- Fixed an issue where trying to start a New Game+ on an incompatible save would block the player from starting the expansions in standalone mode until the game was restarted.
- CDPR: The Witcher 3 made Cyberpunk 2077 possible
- The Witcher 3 next-gen on PC gets much-needed hotfix
- The Witcher 3 next-gen update seems to be poorly optimised on PC
- Best The Witcher 3 mods that work with next-gen update
- The Witcher 3 next-gen mods compatibility - List of both working and non-working mods