Ahoy you rich men falconeers, it's time for The Falconeer update. From now on, player birds will be quicker, and so will the fire rate on Magnetars and Lightning Casters, but there's more, of course.
We'll start with the most obvious one, as the 10 per cent increase in player bird speeds is nothing to be scoffed at - it should show in regular gameplay.
If that's not enough to make the early game easier, then get a splinterload of this - Magnetar Rifles and Lightning Casters will have their rates of fire increased. We'd still cordially recommend going for Magnetars, but more on that in our guide .
Additionally, the price of 2 and 3-star guns has been reduced, again to help the early game. The developer, Tomas Sala, has already given a heads-up in regards to the bird's drift to the right when not controlled for a few seconds, and the drifting should be more organic and subtle now.
The Falconeer now allows fast travel to friendly and neutral locations via the world map, as long as you're not in a mission or a battle. Furthermore, your home/story locations will be indicated on the map.
The dev has reduced XP rewards from escorts and trader/persistent ship destruction, while dropping pirate units' health by 13 per cent. Last but not least is the Dreadnot speed, which is now as fast as civilian cutters.
The Falconeer's remaining changes have to do with the UI updates and bug fixes, the latter of which includes the fix for Bird Collector, Ace of Aces, Steel Surgeon and other achievements.
The following UI changes were made:
- Bird name added your stats
- Cinematic zooms can now be disabled from the settings menu
- Difficulty displayed in main menu, help players be informed on the option and current state.
- Story Mission indicated clearer so people don't miss these.
- Chapter screen now gives more information on each chapter.
- Controller menu flight axis settings re-ordered with the best mouse option coming up first
- Controller menu now highlights if certain controls (mouse/camera) cannot be inverted
You can check out the rest of the changes in the full patch notes .