A ton of new Resident Evil 8 details have been leaked via a game tester who decided to share some exciting info about the boss fight, enemy types, environment and much much more.
Resident Evil Village or Resident Evil 8 is one of the most anticipated next-gen games ever since Capcom revealed that sinister trailer at the PlayStation 5 show. We know from the official channels that Resident Evil Village will be a first-person game set after the events of Resident Evil 7. Once again, players are put in the boots of Ethan, who is trying to protect his family in a snowy European village.
Today, we have brand new details about the game, revealed by BioHazard Declassified via RelyonHorror . The new information comes from a Resident Evil Ambassador playtester, who got the play the game recently. Before you dive into it, we suggest you take it with a grain of salt and treat it as a rumour. Here are the important bits:
- Enemies are very pale with rotten skin and tattoos.
- Some have armour which can be shot off.
- Enemies speak in a distorted foreign language.
- Some carry daggers, swords axes and even spears.
- Others are unarmed but can jump and grab and bite.
- Players can button-mash to take less damage during the attack.
- Enemies can also throw Ethan to the ground.
- Enemy with a sword can instantly behead Ethan.
- There's a Witch named Olga which is one of the bosses.
- Olga can release a swarm of insects.
- Players won't have to fight the insects unless Olga spots Ethan.
- Olga would laugh constantly whenever she spots Ethan.
- During the boss fight, players can use a torch to scare off insects and expose Olga to shoot her.
- Olga transforms into an insect, spider-like creature with long legs, and releases more insects.
- Once defeated, Olga melts and drops an item.
- Unbreakable knife
- Temporary melee weapons like an axe that is broken off after a few hits
- The inventory screen is similar to Resident Evil 4 concept with Resident Evil 7 UI design
- The game is paused when viewing the inventory
- Enemies did not drop items during the demo
- Crates and vases were breakable and contain items
- There was no currency during the demo
Additionally, the leak also states that a brand new trailer is coming in August, which could be true since Sony's PS5 event is next month. And last but certainly not least, the leaker claims that a VR version of the game is in development but won't be announced until Sony "are ready".