Realms of Arkania: Star Trail by Crafty Studios has left Early Access to go run freely in the full launch lands. It is an adventure RPG with a turn-based combat system. Steam has it at 10 percent off as a special promotion at the time of writing.
Star Trail is hailed as a faithful remake of Realms of Arkania’s classic sequel. The game is an RPG with all the classic RPG elements: dozens of talents and spells, as well as distinct races and character classes.
Star Trail also boasts an isometric turn-based combat system. The game's story, as told by its Steam page, is as follows (prepare for a lot of weird names):
"The united orc tribes attempted to invade the region of Thorwal, but a group of valiant adventurers thwarted their plans during their previous quest. Now the orcs have regrouped and attacked other, more vulnerable areas – Lowangen is occupied and half the Svellt Valley lies in ashes. An elf ambassador summons the party to the city of Kvirasim. To unite the races of the elves and the dwarves in the struggle against a common enemy, they must recover an artifact known as the Salamander Stone."
Ok. Now it's time to list the key features as well:
- Hardcore RPG with isometric turn-based tactical fights
- Hand-crafted cities and dungeons to explore in first person view
- Master dozens of talents including fighting and magical skills
- Meet countless endearing characters within the lovingly detailed cities and villages
- Create your characters and manage your party
- Plan your extensive travels through the realm in detail
- Based on the original Pen & Paper rulesets TDE 3 and TDE4 (Hybrid)
- Additional Ingame Content
- Digital Goods
- Digital Maps
- Full HD Wallpapers