War Child UK kicked off the fundraising campaign RE-PLAY on 9 April 2020 to help the less fortunate regions of the world with Coronavirus relief efforts. The funds will be granted from certain game purchases on Steam, all of which are discounted.
War Child UK's fundraising typically helps children in the war zones across the world, just as the name implies, and while the RE-PLAY campaign is has a slightly different subject, which is plaguing the entire world right now, it shares the same roots with other fundraisers by the organisation.
RE-PLAY promotion on Steam features 12 games with retro-inspired graphics and gameplay. All of these games have discounts that will expire on 16 April 2020 at 7:00 AM GMT. While the Steam users have an opportunity to buy some excellent games at a lower price, a portion of the money paid for the game will also go towards helping children in war zones, who are now also dealing with the effects of Covid-19 pandemic.
The full list of games that are participating in RE-PLAY fundraiser are:
- Dead Cells - 20% discount and 20% donation
- Dead Cells - Bad Seed Bundle 20% discount and 20% donation
- Psychonauts - 50% discount and 60% donation
- Broken Age - 50% discount and 60% donation
- Costume Quest - 50% discount and 60% donation
- A Short Hike - 20% discount and 30% donation
- Rivals of Aether + all DLC - 50% discount and 15% donation
- Wargroove - 30% discount and 25% donation
- Timespinner - 30% discount and 25% donation
- Bubbles the Cat - 50% discount and 100% donation
- GoNNER - 50% discount and 50% donation
- Eagle Island - 20% discount and 20% donation
There was roughly 44 hours left to pick any of these deals from the time of writing. They are a win-win situation, after all, since all the games have positive ratings on Steam, meaning you are likely to get a gem at a lower price while helping those in need at the same time.