Slightly Mad Studios have finally rolled out the highly anticipated Project Cars 3, and they even shared a few tips that should help you not suck completely.
One of the main goals for Project Cars 3 was to make it easy to pick up for new players, but still enough of a challenge for seasoned veterans. Naturally, this is one task many games tried but very few actually achieved in full, so Slightly Mad Studios are trying to get ahead of the curve here.
So, Project Cars 3's Career Mode is structured in 10 classes divided into Road and Race Cars. It has four branches, each with four events and a championship race, together with 16 invitationals to marquee events and 16 challenges featuring mini-championships.
"You’ll begin, like all weekend warriors, in the lower Road Car classes (E, D, and C) with few Credits and many dreams. Road E eases you into the game’s new modes, objectives, the upgrade system, and new venues like Shanghai and Havana. Choose your ride wisely here and consider what upgrades to spend Credits on by looking ahead and deciding which car best fits the tracks and challenges to come", Slightly Mad wrote.
Road C is where it gets tricky because it's a choice of upgrading your car or getting a shiny new supercar. Either way, Road B will be throwing you into snow races with 600+ horsepower, so make sure your choices in C don't come back to haunt you.
Getting to Road A in Project Cars 3 lets you revel in some V12 goodness on California highways, while the next class, HyperCars, is pretty self-explanatory - it's everything the word "hyper" suggests.
Slightly Mad Studios posted a few helpful tips for Project Cars 3 players, and they're as follows:
- Stuck at an event? Use Credits to unlock the next series of challenges and return with an upgraded ride
- Not a fan of a particular class? Use Credits earned in career and online to progress right away
- Short on Credits? Play Rival events and race online to gain extra XP which unlock Credits
- Power or handling? Analyse which tracks are coming and upgrade accordingly
- Over the course of your career, you‘ll build a garage of exhilarating machines. Use the right weapon for the right challenge: From sharp handling hatchbacks to tough touring Cars to hybrid-powered HyperCars
- Found a car that fits your driving style and stole your heart? Give it the full range of upgrades to become a supercar tamer. Or get a race conversion kit and mix it up in pro Race classes… or make it your own online racing legend!