League of Legends champion Pantheon will receive a couple of sizable changes that will shift his power from the support role to the top lane. The changes will go live on patch 10.25.
Pantheon's rework has turned him from a very basic champion to one of the coolest characters in the game. He was the strongest champion for a very long time and the fact that he was perma-banned on Worlds 2019 speaks for itself. A couple of nerfs later he kind of disappeared from the meta as many other champions do.
His strength lied in a very strong and simple to execute early game performance thanks to his ability to dish out large amounts of damage before retreating with his Aegis Assault (E). He then had the ability to impact other roles with his Grand Starfall (R) and spread his lead into other lanes.
Lately, he came back to the meta but as a strong and aggressive support pick which is very unusual for a champion like Pantheon. Riot alongside the majority of the community didn't really like seeing this champion getting picked in an unnatural position and that's why they've decided to push some small nerfs in order to chase him off the bot lane.
These changes proved to be too small in the end and that's why League of Legends gameplay designer, Riot Scruffy, revealed some significantly more impactful adjustments in order to make him a reliable top lane pick:
- Base stats:
- Movement speed will go down from 355 to 345
- Comet Spear (Q):
- Cooldown will get lowered from 10-8 to 8-6
- Mana cost will go down from 40 to 30
- Empowered Comet Spear will no longer slow
- Shield Vault (W):
- Damage will go down up from 60-140 to 60-260
- Aegis Assault (E):
- The ability will no longer block tower shots
- Retreat movement speed penalty will go down from 50 to 25 per cent
- Empowered Aegis Assault will no longer have extended duration
- Upon slamming his shield Pantheon will get 60 per cent MS for 1 second
- Grand Starfall (R):
- The spear that lands before Pantheon will now slow enemies for 50 per cent and apply damage equal to Empowered Comet Spear (Q)