Treyarch released patch notes for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War that included the return of a popular map and some balance changes.
Nuketown 24/7 is now back on CoD: BOCW featured playlists. It is not an addition per se, as it's more of a replacement since Motherland Moshpit will be taking a break for a while. It's probably done to keep the range of maps somewhat condensed in the playlists and to keep things fresh, as opposed to some maps being present but underutilised.
As far as weapon balance goes, there is just one issue fix in the latest patch. Namely, M60 used to have a problem with recoil which should be addressed since the alignment of Multizoom scope has been improved. Players should feel like the weapon is more accurate now.
Scorestreaks, on the other hand, are receiving more attention:
- RC-XD will now destroy Sentry Turrets with a single explosion now
- Voiceover for the Cruise Missile will now play properly
- Napalm Strike radius is down by 16 per cent, inner damage up by 10 per cent and outer damage down by 12.5 per cent
- Artillery outer damage down by 20 per cent
- Issue with explosion damage fixed
- Attack Helicopter now costs 5,000
- VTOL Escort now costs 7,000
- Chopper Gunner now costs 8,000
- Combat Bow and War Machine ammo can no longer be reset
The balance changes are certainly welcome but Treyarch didn't stop there and also added several quality of life changes across Zombies and the entire game.