Team Ninja have released the first patch for their action RPG Nioh 2. The update 1.05 brings a lot of bug fixes but the biggest highlight is certainly a nerf to the damage output of various enemy types.
Nioh 2 developers Team Ninja have a new patch in store for their action RPG. The patch 1.05 brings several gameplay changes, most notably to proficiency and enemy damage output. On top of this, a fresh batch of bug fixes is also included.
From now on, you will gain Proficiency much faster when using weapons that are not as powerful as your highest proficiency leveled weapons which is certainly good news for those who struggled with weapon proficiency. Furthermore, some Dojo missions will require less Proficiency.
As for the enemy damage output nerf, players will notice that Gaki's strikes are now weaker and the creature's health has also been lowered, making it a bit easier target overall. Also, the strength of a few overpowered attacks of Yoki and Enki enemy types has also been reduced. Here are the full gameplay changes from the 1.05 patch:
- The player will now gain Proficiency faster when using a weapon that is not as high in Proficiency as their highest proficiency leveled weapon.
- Some of the Dojo missions now require less Proficiency.
- Lowered the health of Gaki and the power of some of their attacks.
- Lowered the strength of a few overpowered attack used by the following enemies: Yoki / Enki.
- Buffed the HP of Acolytes.
- Adjusted the recommended levels of some missions to more adequately reflect their perceived difficulty.
- When Gyuki charges into the floodgate the horn will stab into it, and Gyuki’s jumping attacks etc. will no longer break the floodgate.
- Adjusted the defensive strength and the amount of health of Shimotsuma Rairen in “Pervading Waters.”
- Improved the Homing for the hatchet skill Arise.
- Reduced the wisdom requirement needed to release the Shiftling skill “Murderous Strike.”
- Made upward adjustment to Guardian Spirit Hiyokucho’s blessing “Medicine Burst” so that it would also affect Acolytes.
- However, the range of the blessing is now capped from infinite range to seven meters.
- Extended the distance at which Mujina can recognize gestures.
The full patch notes with all the bug fixes can be found below.
Nioh 2 is available now on PlayStation 4.