The Arcanist Class is coming to Lost Ark, Western Edition, on July 20. It's a mage class, that deals in card, and focuses on DPS. It's about time we got one of those.
The Arcanist class coming to Lost Ark, courtesy of Amazon Game Studios , imbues special cards with her Magick and uses them for a wide variety of effects. From slicing up enemies with a deluge of thrown cards to summoning powerful Magick attacks or team effects from the cards themselves, the Arcanist has a trick up her sleeve for every situation.
The Arcanist’s skills are split into three categories; Normal, Stacking, and Ruin. Normal skills are used to deal damage and quickly build up the Arcanist’s Specialty Meter.
The other two types of skills are Stacking & Ruin. Successful attacks with Stacking skills will build up to 4 stacks on an enemy target. When a Ruin skill lands, it consumes stacks built up on the target to greater effect, thus creating opportunities to deal massive damage.
Despite being armed with an arsenal of skills, the Arcanist will sometimes leave things to the fate of the cards with her specialty skill “Card Deck”. When the player lands an attack, it charges the Card Meter.
Once the meter is completely charged, a card is drawn randomly from the Card Deck, which can be used to varying degrees of devastating effect. Two cards can be stored in the Deck at once and can be activated by pressing [Z] or [X].
The basic Arcanist attacks are:
- DARK RESURRECTION - Aim at your enemies and throw cards that will summon a demon to inflict fear and dark damage on them.
- UNLIMITED SHUFFLE - Throw a stack of cards at your enemy to launch them in the air. Damage is inflicted over six hits as they are slammed back into the ground.
- FOUR OF A KIND - Quickly throw a card at your enemies' directions to deal damage. When the skill's Stake effect is triggered you inflict Stagger with low damage.
- CHECKMATE - Quickly throw cards toward the target location, inflicting damage with each hit.
- RETURN - Throw a card at your enemy for a counterattack and to cause damage. When you use the skill a second time you slam enemies to the ground inflicting even more damage.
For players eager to create an Arcanist, are the Punika Powerpass that immediately advances an alternate character to the end of the Punika storyline, and the express Event that grants special missions to a selected Item Level 1302 character to help them progress to 1370, pairing well with the Punika Powerpass.