Riot Games' lead gameplay designer has released a tweet about the upcoming changes to one of the League of Legends champions - Lucian. The main goal of this mini-rework will be to shift his power from Mid to the AD carry position.
League of Legends champion Lucian has been a popular pick in the last couple of patches. He's a very strong lane bully thanks to his ability to burst down enemy champions, even though he's an AD carry. High elo players can easily use his potential to win trades in the mid-lane. Unlike most of the other AD carries, his dash allows him to stay somewhat safe from ganks as he can escape being locked down much easier than other marksmen champions.
A recent tweet from Riot's lead gameplay designer Jeevun Sidhu has revealed their plans on shifting his power back to the AD carry role where he was originally designed to play. The rework will include changes to three of his skills as well as some base stats:
- Base AD will get lowered from 64 to 62
- Lightslinger (passive) - Ally buffs empower Lucian's next 2-4 basic attacks to deal an additional 14 (+10 per cent of total AD) magic damage
- Ardent Blaze (W):
- Mana Cost will go down from 70 to 60
- Allies proccing the mark will also trigger Vigilance
- The Culling (R):
- Damage per shot will go down from 20-60 (+0.25 AD) to 15-45 (+0.25 AD)
- Number of shots will get changed from flat 22-34 to 22 (+25 per cent of the champion's Critical Strike Chance)
Making him rely on other champions to dish out his maximum damage could chase him away from the mid lane since it's a solo lane. Other than that, his numbers seem pretty strong and we could see a meta where Lucian takes the top spot as the best AD carry in the game.