Ghost Recon Breakpoint's new Ghost Experience will launch in late March 2020. The latest addition to the game will let you pick and choose between different settings to tailor the Ghost Experience to your own liking. Permadeath will not be an option.
Ghost Recon Breakpoint is getting the Ghost Experience on 24 March 2020. The addition will let you pick one of the pre-selected settings or modify some parameters to create the unique experience you want.
The Ghost Experience
When you boot up the game, you will be able to choose from two preset options or make your very own blend:
- Regular Experience: Play Ghost Recon Breakpoint the way it was released, with gear score and tiered loot.
- Immersive Experience: A new experience that removes gear level and tiered loot entirely, and offers a host of new tactical options.
- Custom Experience: Choose your own selection of settings to create the ideal fit.
You’ll also be given a chance to choose from a variety of community-requested settings:
- No Gear Level: Customize and keep the same weapon throughout the entire adventure. Quality tiers and item levels are disabled.
- Realistic Looting: Loot your enemies’ weapon category and switch them realistically. Gear is found from missions, rewards, and crates.
- Primary Weapon Quantity: Choose to carry 1 or 2 primary weapons. This was pre-released with TU 1.1.0 but will be fully realized with the Ghost Experience.
- Ammo Loss on Reload: Remaining ammunition is lost when you change magazines.
- Stamina Level: Adjust how much stamina you spend.
- Bandage Quantity: Limit the number of bandages your Ghost can carry.
- Risk of Injury: Choose the frequency of the injured status when wounded by enemy bullets.
- Health Regen: Decide to limit, remove or increase your health regeneration.
- New HUD Settings: Fine-tune your preferred HUD with new settings:
- Mini-Map Minimal: Smaller map with less information on it.
- Loot Notification Minimal: Smaller loot notification.
- 3D Loot Minimal: Smaller 3D loot drop.
- Private Mode: Encounter only story characters and your direct co-op teammates in Erewhon.
- Access to Maria’s Shop: Keep access to Maria’s Shop in bivouacs or limit it to Erewhon only.
There's been a lot of speculation about permadeath in the immersive mode. The new Ghost Experience will not force this game mode as it is not a settings option that will be included - confirmed the dev team.
The Immersive and the Regular Experience can be played on any difficulty, and you can change between two different settings options. Both the Immersive and Regular Experiences are by default at the Normal setting of enemy difficulty.
- Difficulty - Enemies: Impacts time to detection, damage done to your Ghost by enemy fire, and enemy tactics.
- This is the same difficulty setting options currently available:
- Difficulty - Tactical: Covers settings that will impact the realism of your experience such as how many main weapon slots you have, bandage quantity, risk of injury, etc.
- The Tactical Difficulty options will have four options that can be fully customized:
The chosen mode and settings can be switched at any time. Settings picked through the custom mode will not be shared with co-op teammates. Your decisions are session-specific meaning they will apply only to you.