The Coalition rolled out a trailer that recaps Gears 5's biggest update yet, Operation 5: Hollow Storm. Seven characters, five new maps, and a bunch more awaits.
Operation 5: Hollow Storm officially launches on November 17, 2020, meaning tomorrow, and Gears 5 fans won't want to miss out on this one.
The trailer goes through some of the new maps, and the brief descriptions are enough to get the gist of it. Nexus is an underground slugfest; Regency is set in the dizzying heights above the clouds; River is filled with destroyed ruins and echoes of the past; Classics Gridlock and Clocktower are back.
As for the rest of the contents in Gears 5's update, the dev decoupled Characters and Classes, even allowing players to play as duplicate Classes and Characters. Max level for each class has been raised to 20, with 16 new Skill Cards, new Passives and more added.
- Blademaster (previously Lahni)
- Brawler (previously Cole)
- Infiltrator (previously Kait)
- Demolitions (previously JD)
- Marksman (previously Fahz)
- Mechanic (previously Del)
- Robotics Expert (previously Baird)
- Combat Medic (previously COG Gear)
- Tactician (previously Keegan)
- Veteran (previously Marcus)
- Gunner (previously Clayton)
- Pilot (previously Lizzie)
- Anchor (previously Mac)
- Nomad (previously Paduk)
- Striker (previously Grace)
- Slugger (previously Sarah)
- Architect (previously Kat)
- Protector (previously Emile)
- Jack (previously… well, Jack)
Just about every class has been tweaked for the new system, all of which you can check out in the PvE patch notes .
Operation 5: Hollow Storm also brings some PvP changes, like Ranked quit penalties, Ranked bonuses, playlist changes and more .