With today's hefty Operation 5: Hollow Storm update, Gears 5 dev team will be relaunching the multiplayer suite, bringing twice the multiplayer content since launch.
"Last week, Gears 5 released the Xbox Series X|S update, which relaunched the game with Next-Gen technical optimizations for new consoles and new campaign features. This week, the team is relaunching the multiplayer suite with our largest post-launch update ever, Operation 5: Hollow Storm", The Coalition wrote.
Operation 5: Hollow Storm's map additions are a mix of new and traditional, with two brand new maps and three classic updates.
- New Maps: In Nexus, players will fight amongst rivers of Imulsion in this Locust stronghold deep under Mount Kadar. Regency is set high above the clouds inspiring both awe and fear.
- Classic Maps: Three favorite maps from the original Gears of War trilogy make their return. Gears of War staples Gridlock and Clocktower join the list, as does River, a classic Gears of War 2 map.
All of the Gears 5's characters joining the Operation 5: Hollow Storm roster are callbacks to the Locust War.
"Dizzy Wallin and Tai Kaliso face off against the deadly Skorge from Gears of War 2. Anya Stroud takes on the Lambent Drone, Lambent Grenadier and Lambent Theron Guard from Gears of War 3."
- A suite of Ranked PvP updates to improve the overall player experience
- PvE balance updates for decoupled classes
- New Heroic cosmetic rarity to reward our most dedicated players
- All-new daily and weekly PvE challenges and rewards
Gears 5 Operation 5: Hollow Storm players who complete the Gears Tactics tutorial automatically unlock the previously announced Armored Gabe character skin.
Last but not least are the 13 new achievements, which will improve your Gamerscore by 80. You can lean more here .