In the latest content update for Fortnite, Epic Games have introduced Retail Row Rift Zone and World Run limited-time mode among other things. Furthermore, there are some BRUTE mech changes that also have been added to Fortnite Creative.
Fortnite has received another content update earlier today and traditionally, there are a couple of neat game mode additions and also tweaks to weapons, vehicles and overall bug fixes and improvements.
The two most notable additions include Retail Row Rift Zone and World Run limited-time mode. Mega Mall has turned back into Retail Row in a new Rift Zone, with Fiends all over the area. Players will have to destroy the giant crystals as they take on a horde of zombies and loot special items.
As for the World Run LTM, it's available in Squads and supports up to 16 players or 4 teams. The team that collects 30 coins fastest wins the match.
Infinity Blade has been unvaulted only in the Sword Fight Squads and Duos LTMs. Also, it's environmental damage has been reduced significantly, from 10000 to 600.
The new B.RU.T.E mechs also received several changes but unfortunately, these are not similar to the ones that were introduced to competitive modes earlier this week. Here are all the tweaks that were introduced to the unpopular vehicle:
- Added a targeting laser that appears as players load and fire missiles.
- In addition to the B.R.U.T.E.’s gunner, this laser is visible to opponents and teammates.
- Improved visual and audio feedback during the self-destruct sequence.
- B.R.U.T.E.s can now be entered directly from glider mode.
- Updated B.R.U.T.E. spawn logic for large team respawn game modes.
- B.R.U.T.Es will now spawn intermittently throughout the match instead of waiting for Storm phases to end.
- B.R.U.T.E.s abandoned in the Storm will self-destruct after 30 seconds.
- B.R.U.T.E.s will reappear on the minimap after 15 seconds if no player is in either seat.