Paradox Interactive is celebrating the one-year anniversary of Crusader Kings III. According to the latest numbers, players have witnessed the births of more than 330 million children.
Oceans can boil, glaciers can melt and mountains can crumble into dust but one thing you can count on is that gamers will, given the opportunity, always pet that animal. This rings true with the latest Crusader Kings III announcement that celebrated the game's first anniversary by sharing some insightful numbers.
Paradox's grand strategy game has already seen one pope get cannibalised in its first month, and here we are, 128 million play hours later, looking at the Crusader Kings III's year in numbers.
Since this time last year, saints and sinners have had:
- 334 million children born
- 18 million marriages and betrothals
- 4 million characters broken by stress
- 4 million pets petted
- 1 million prisoners escaped
One year is a decent sample size when trying to determine player habits and patterns and here's what they have been getting up to in Crusader Kings III:
- The most popular starting region is Britannia
- The most popular faith tenet is Warmonger
- The most popular lifestyle is Stewardship / Wealth
- Pagan religions have been reformed 1 million times
- The Roman Empire has been restored 190,000 times
- The Great Schism has been healed 220,000 times
- Cannibalism has been adopted 14,000 times
Crusader Kings III launched in September 2020 and is currently available on PC, Mac and Linux, with plans to bring the game over to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.