Activision published patch notes for Black Ops Cold War ahead of the game's launch on November 13, 2020, mostly thanks to the feedback from the beta events.
It's not every day that we witness patch notes for a game that hasn't come out yet but the CoD: BOCW devs gave the players heads up for the upcoming changes. They will technically be present from day one but the players may have gotten used to different conditions during the beta so it's still good to know them before the servers go live so here are a few highlights.
New game modes:
- Search & Destroy
- Hardcore Team Deathmatch
- Hardcore Domination
- Hardcore Kill Confirmed
- Hardcore Search & Destroy
- Hardcore Free-For-All
- Tuned assault rifles to better match XM4 and Krig 6 performance
- Increased AK-47 recoil
- Reduced SMG effectiveness at longer ranges
- Increased LMG damage output
- Increased LMG ADS times
- Adjusted aim assist to feel smoother yet require more skill and precision
- Slightly increased sniper rifle ADS times
- Sniper scope glint will now display more regularly
- Decreased burst-fire pistol hip-fire accuracy
- Reduced burst-fire pistol max damage range
- Reduced semi-auto shotgun fire rate
- Slightly increased inner damage of launcher rockets
- Slightly reduced sprinting speed with the Knife equipped
Furthermore, you will be able to dual wield pistols which should give long time fans some nostalgia kicks. These are the highlights that should get you acclimatised to multiplayer but check out the full patch notes for the entire change log.