Gearbox just announced a Borderlands 3 hotfix that should be deployed today, which will be kicking off two new events - Slot Machine Mania and Trials Take-All, along with some weapons and Moze rebalancing.
Borderlands 3's hotfix is scheduled for release at 12pm PST / 7pm GMT, and players should know The Door Busters mini-event will end three hours before that.
Gearbox touts the Slot Machine Mania event as a high-paying one, with an increased chance to win Legendary gear from Slot Machines. There's also a chance of grenades spawning, but the chances of other loot have been dropped to help players win Legendaries.
Trials Take-All, on the other hand, is a bit more action-packed, as it boosts the rewards received in the Proving Ground Trials. In fact, bosses will have a 100% chance to drop loot from their pools for the duration of the event.
Borderlands 3 dev also did some adjustments on Moze, the Gunner, attempting to boost her survivability, and they did the following changes:
- Reduced the cooldown time for Iron Bear
- Increased the amount of fuel for Iron Bear
- Increased the bonus on “Behind the Iron Curtain” skill
- Increased the bonus on “Security Bear” skill
- Increased the bonus on “Experimental Munitions” skill
As far as weapons go, Damned, Tiggs Boom and Moonfire got damage buffs, the latter getting a Critical Damage bonus as well. Hyperion Weapon Shields will take increased damage now; The Lob sports a single projectile while Good Juju's non-critical hits now increase Critical Damage bonus by 20, and stack 25 times.
Gearbox provided the following hotfix patch notes :
- Activate Slot Machine Mania mini-event until 9:00 AM PT on April 9
- Activate Trials Take-All mini-event until 9:00 AM PT on April 9
- Adjusted the Pearl of Ineffable Knowledge Artifact to do +90% damage and updated the item description to show the correct value
- Addressed a reported concern that the Siren’s Stone class mod was sometimes increasing damage taken, instead of decreasing damage taken