Battlefield 2042's dev team is currently in the process of rolling out Update 3.1 - the final patch for the game before the holiday break. The team will be back in the new year with plans for Season One.
Battlefield 2042's dev team announced that Update 3.1 is the final update the game is getting in 2021. The patch in question is about to hit the live servers (any second now, at the time of writing). Update 3.1 will bring some improvements to the gameplay, your bullets should now consistently find their target and their hits should even be registered. There are also some quality of life improvements aimed at Xbox players who don't want to engage in Cross-Play as well as some sound upgrades.
Battlefield 2042 update 3.1 highlights
- Bullets should now more consistently register valid hits.
- Balance changes applied to Bullet dispersion and recoil.
- Ground Vehicle 30mm, 40mm, and 57mm Cannons were somewhat nerfed against infantry.
- Players should now stop "appearing" invisible to enemies.
- Grenades and Launchers have been debugged and told to behave.
- Xbox players will now more easily opt-out of Cross-Play due to improvements to the menu flow.
- Audio has been improved so that even if you can't see the enemy players, you can hear them more clearly as well as gauge their distance and the direction they're coming from.
Battlefield 2042's previous update (dubbed Update 3) introduced new content in the form of the Weekly Mission rotations that offer three different tasks to complete in a week in exchange for cosmetics. The patch also added fresh game mode layouts to Rush and introduced some new templates and options.
Battlefield 2042 was released in November 2021 for PC, PlayStation 4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S.