As promised, Respawn posted the patch notes for Season 5: Fortune's Favor and there's a lot to sift through, starting with two weeks of Kings Canyon exclusivity.
For the sake of clarity, we skipped the parts that were already dissected by Respawn themselves, so for Loba's info, abilities and trailer, refer here . Apex Legends' Broken Ghost Season Quest info is here .
Apex Legends' maiden map, Kings Canyon, has received a facelift in Season 5. Skulltown and Thunderdome are no more, with a new POI called Salvage added to the broken coast.
For this reason, Respawn decided to make Kings Canyon the only available map for the first two weeks. That way, all Apex Legends players will get to have a proper taste of the new changes.
Apex Legends' dev team continues to innovate on the battle royale formula and Season 5 is no different. What you see here is a Charge Tower, which tops up the ultimate charge for anyone standing on the platform when it's activated. Use them wisely.
The beloved Apex Legends bamboozler has received a major overhaul, which Respawn's design director Jason McCord hinted at earlier. It seems that Mirage's days of uselessness at the highest level are done, as his tricks got way trickier.
- Tactical: Psyche Out
- Pressing the character utility action button allows Mirage to gain control of his decoy
- When controlling the decoy, it will mimic Mirage’s every move
- Decoys now last for 60 seconds
- Releasing another decoy will remove the previous decoy
- Ultimate: Life of the Party
- Mirage deploys a team of decoys that mimic his every move (think “Emergency Dance Party" from DUMMIEs Big Day
- Cooldown 60 seconds
- Passive: Now You See Me
- In addition to cloaking when downed, Mirage also cloaks while using a respawn beacon and reviving a teammate (the teammate is also cloaked).
- Mirage’s “You got Bamboozled” line will now trigger when you bamboozle an enemy, instead of when you release a decoy.
OTHER LEGEND CHANGES
- Bloodhound's tactical Eye of the Allfather: Sonar detection up from 3 to 4 seconds; cooldown dropped from 35 to 25 seconds
- Crypto can now ping banners while in drone mode and warn teammates
- Lifeline's bin ratio up to 20 per cent; Knockdown Shields removed from Secret Compartments
- Caustic: Friendly gas no longer slows teammates and his traps can't be activated through doors
- Octane: Launch Pad cooldown down from 90 to 60 seconds; more changes coming
- Gibraltar: Reduced Dome Shield duration from 18 to 12 seconds
- Pathfinder: Grappling Hook cooldown nerfed from 15 to 35 seconds
Respawn said that they saw no need for new weapons in Season 5 of Apex Legends as they believe they're in a sweet spot. That said, Peacekeeper is being rotated into a Care Package weapon, swapping places with the Mastiff.
- The Mastiff is being rotated out of the care package to a regular weapon with its power reduced accordingly
- Reduced damage per pellet from 18 to 13
- Reduced headshot multiplier from 2.0 to 1.25
- Increased blast pattern distances for the outer pairs of pellets
- Increased blast pattern scale ADS multiplier from 0.5 to 0.55
- Reduced fire rate from 1.3 to 1.0
- Reduced projectile size to be more in line with other regular shotguns
- Increased shell count from 4 to 6
- Increased projectile speed to standard shotgun speed.
- Peacekeeper is being rotated out of a regular weapon and into the care package weapon with its power being increased accordingly
- Tightened pellet spread pattern
- Reduced rechamber time from 1.2 to 0.9
- Reduced reload times from 2.65 to 2.45 base and 3.6 to 3.35 empty
- Increased projectile size to improve consistency at close range.
- Increased Mag size from 16 to 19
- Level 1 Extended mag is now 22, Level 2 is now 25, and Level 3 is now 27.
- Increased damage from 11 to 12
- Reduced reload time from 1.74 to 1.5 base and 2.12 to 1.95 empty
- Vertical recoil increased
- Horizontal recoil slightly increased
- Recoil on the first 2 shots increased.
- Headshot scale reduced from 2.15 to 2.1
- Headshot scale reduced from 2.1 to 2.0
- Adding Skullpiercer Hopup for DMR and Wingman
- DMR w/ Skullpiercer - Headshot scale 2.1 -> 2.5
- Wingman w/ Skullpiercer - Headshot scale 2.0 -> 2.25
- Vaulted Anvil Receiver.
- Added Perk: Shield Cells & Syringes give double the amount per use.
- Removed Perk: Removed 50% heal speed.