A Riot Games employee has twitted a couple of the upcoming changes for the following upcoming League of Legends 10.22 patch. Annie and Brand will huge buffs that will enable them to be a reliable pick both for mid and the support role.
League of Legends Lead gameplay designer, Riot Scruffy, has revealed the upcoming buffs to five champions in patch 10.22. These will surely be the only changes for the next patch and we will most likely see some additional nerfs as well.
The patch 10.22 buffs are:
- Annie - Molten Shield (E) damage reduction will get changed to a 40-240 (+40 per cent AP) shield that will last for 3 seconds. The spell can now be cast on self or ally within 800 range.
- Brand - Blaze (passive) explosion damage will get changed from 12-16 per cent (+1.5 per cent for every 100 AP) to 10-14 per cent (+2 per cent for every 100 AP); Conflagration (E) damage will now always spread to enemies and its spread range is lowered from 375 to 300. Blaze effect doubles spread range; Pyroclasm (R) can now bounce to Brand
- Nasus - Fury of the Sands (R) bonus resists will get increased from 15-55 to 40-70, the ultimate no longer gains 1-3 resistance per second
- Ashe - Volley (R) will now have 7-11 (based on rank arrows instead of 9
- Jinx - Flame Chompers! (E) traps deal full damage immediately instead of over 1.5 seconds
This Annie buff will hugely impact her position in the meta and she will most likely be a reliable all-in support. This change will also improve the mid-jungle synergy she lacks at the moment.
The Brand buffs could bring him back to the mid lane position and just like Annie, he could become a mid-support flex pick. The bounce mechanic on his ultimate will hugely benefit him, especially in a solo lane where he can find himself in an isolated 1v1.
Thanks to this flat Magic Resist buff, Nasus doesn't have to rush an early MR item now as he can rely on his ultimate to provide the much needed defensive stats against heavy magic damage champions.