Team17 will publish Koba Studio's retro-stylized pixelated action-adventure game, Narita Boy, on March 30, 2021, for PC, PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.
Team17 have announced that Koba Studio's pixelated action-adventure game 'Narita Boy' is releasing on March 30. The game is heavily inspired by classic 2D games such as Double Dragon and Castlevania, with a modern touch of games like Superbrothers, Sword and Sorcery, with an 80s plot homage (Ready Player One, He-Man, The Last Starfighter), accompanied by the retro synth touch of the old glory days.
About the game:
You are Narita Boy, a legendary digital hero in an epic quest through simultaneous dimensions.
The digital kingdom is under attack and you are called as their last hope of survival. Explore a vast world to find the techno sword, the only effective weapon against the threat.
Narita Boy's features:
- Pure handcrafted pixel sprites with rich and complex animations.
- A homage to the 80's that tastes like retro but is also new. Narita Boy reloads the creative canons to find an unique style that combines the past and the future of video games
- Classic 2D scroller action with new exotic time and dimension jump mechanics, RPG elements and amazing worlds to explore; from the streets of the 80s to the weird futuristic landscapes of another dimension.
- An awesome Soundtrack inspired by the glory days of analog synthesizers.
- The Story will put you through a journey between dimensions, neglecting the ebbs and turns of Time itself. Meet weird, unique characters and wield powerful and strange magic.
- Jump, fight, find your own way in order to progress, travel across dimensions and let yourself be amazed by the amazing retro futuristic universe of Narita Boy.
- Find items to upgrade your digital magic and your (meta)physical strength. Find vehicles to traverse greater distances and use your instincts to find well hidden secrets.
Narita Boy will be available on PC, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One.