Many League of Legends players have experienced an unusual bug that causes their game to randomly tab out. Such a distraction can easy shift the game to your opponents' favour but luckily, a Reddit user named monosolo830 has seemingly found a temporary fix for the issue.
Exactly one week ago, we reported on an unknown bug that is causing a big number of League of Legends players to randomly tab out of the game.
We have experienced this problem ourselves and we have to say that while it may not be happening much too often - when it does, it can literally lose you the game. Luckily enough, thanks to a very helpful thread on Reddit, a temporary fix may have been found at last.
The steps you need to take to try and fix the issue are as follows:
- First thing you have to do is time the tab-outs, keep a schedule of when they are happening (just look at the Windows clock when they happen and write down the time)
- After the problem's occurred a couple of times, open Windows Event Viewer (type Event Viewer in the search bar)
- Double click on Custom view and then open Administrative events
- On this list, find the Error/Warning that has appeared at the exact time when you experienced the problem
- Open Windows Task Scheduler (type Task Scheduler in the search bar)
- Open Task Scheduler Library found on the left-hand side
- Find the application that has been causing this issue (the one causing the error in the Event Viewer)
- Right-click on it and in the drop-down menu choose Disable
The steps written above should help resolve your issue, but in case you're still stuck and your problem lies elsewhere, we suggest you at least switch to borderless in the game's settings so those dreaded tab-out transitions become a bit smoother.